The PLE Conference is intended to produce a space for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas, experience and research around the development and implementation of Personal Learning Environment (PLEs) – including the design of environments and the sociological and educational issues that they raise.
Conference themes include (but are not limited to):
- Theories and frameworks for Personal Learning Environments
- Technologies and software for developing Personal Learning Environments
- PLEs in Practice (case studies, approaches to using PLEs)
- Educational institutions, change and PLEs
- Pedagogical approaches to managing personal learning
- The development and management of Personal Learning Networks
- Mobile PLEs and augmented reality
- Supporting informal and contextual learning
- Using PLEs in organisations
- Using PLEs for Work Based Learning
- Mash-up PLEs
Under this section are published details about:
- PLE Resources
Podcast & Guest Lecture Series
- Important dates
There is still time to enter our media cast competition and register to the event.
- Conference Committee
PLE Conference organisors, a very talented group of people from United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Greece and Italy.
- Program Committee
A list of more than 40 academics from across the international PLE research community.
Posters, demos, Pechacucha, workshops, etc.
In the Crowdvine site from PLE_BCN (http://pleconference.crowdvine.com) everyone interested in the conference can congregate. It is a great opportunity to learn what other people are doing and identify researchers and practitioners who you might want to meet personally at PLE_SOU. Join now!
We encourage everyone to spread the word and write about the PLE Conference on the Web! When writing a blogpost, a Tweet, uploading photos to Flickr and videos to YouTube, saving your bookmarks or publishing any other information about the PLE Conference, please use the tag #PLE_SOU for the coming PLE conference in Southampton in 2011.